I had one of those weekends that you need a week to recover from. Got a lot of sun, ate a lot of food, managed to get in some exercise, and then had allergies all day Monday. I woke up feeling like dried gum underneath a desk. Ugh.
And there are some problems with the Aran. I screwed up the Saxon Braid pattern when I transcribed it last week, and I was working off of it all weekend before I noticed the errors. Oh, the humanity! Sigh. Well, I was planning to do some cable frogging anyway. I should be an expert by the time I’m done.
I got an e-mail from a gentleman who suggested that rather than frogging the cables if the errors are too far back, I could cut the yarn near the error, re-work it, and then graft/Kitchener stitch it back together. This might be a viable solution, but I’m definitely going to practice it on a swatch or ten before I do it to the live sweater. Evidently this is a technique that Elizabeth Zimmerman used, and she seemed to know what she was about.
I am still planning to have the third milestone done by the end of this month, which I believe is Friday.