I have my first class in Photography for Fiber Artists this evening at Kid ‘n Ewe after I get off work. I think I’ve got everything ready to go, but I’m nervous.
1. camera – check.
2. spare batteries – check.
3. laptop – check.
4. white balance card – check.
5. something to photograph – check. I’m wearing my Aran today.
6. students – check. Ditter called me earlier this week and told me I’ve got two sign-ups.
7. brain – let me get back to you on this one.
8. tripods – check. I’ve got three of various cost and quality in my trunk.
The essentials that I’m going to try to teach are focus, exposure, and white balance. Point-and-shoot cameras pretty much take care of the first two for you, so most of the time in the class is probably going to be spent going through the menus of the cameras that the attendees bring with them to figure out how to set the white balance settings. Then we’ll set up the cameras on the tripods, set the timers, and hopefully get some very pretty photos that I can post here next time I’m plugged in.